You are here
Calling Student Leaders on Campus: MHA’s Collegiate Mental Health Innovation Council (CMHIC) Applications Now Open!
July 15, 2019
By Kelly Davis, DIrector of Peer Advocacy, Supports, and Services at Mental Health America
By bringing together college students from across the country, we have connected a network of young people who know we must build upon increases in mental health awareness and help-seeking among their peers to create environments and programs that are truly responsive to their wants and needs. Through the contributions of our previous cohorts, we have documented pressing ideas and new programs and created guides for those looking to create similar programs on their campuses.
This year, we are excited to expand CMHIC with more opportunities for sharing and engagement for members. Over the 2019-2020 academic year, this year’s selected students will:
- Connect with other campus leaders on a monthly basis to share ideas and get feedback and support
- Receive one on one mentoring for their programmatic and professional growth
- Vlog for MHA’s social media to give other students insight into the day-to-day work of a campus mental health advocate
- Share their ideas in our annual CMHIC report
- Attend and present at MHA’s 2020 conference in June 2020 in Washington, DC with a scholarship from MHA
At MHA, we believe deeply in voices of lived experience and the power of supporting individuals most impacted by problems to develop solutions. If you or a student you know is doing exceptional work on campus, complete or share the CMHIC application today!
Applications are due Friday, August 16, 2019. Questions? Contact Kelly Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.